Benefits of Becoming A Member of AADISAO
At AADISAO, we take serious interest in offering you tangible benefits for becoming a member of this association of African disability professionals, leaders, advocates, researchers, parents and family members, and well wishers of the African disability community.
A member of AADISAO is any person or organization that fully meets the qualifications set forth in the association’s bylaws. The membership of the association is made up of disability leaders, researchers, educators, people with disabilities, parents, family members, international affiliates, and those interested in supporting the associations mission and vision to support people with physical, mental, intellectual and developmental disabilities. For details on the associations membership categories, please visit Membership Information page.
We invite you to join the most trusted and validated membership association of disability professionals and organization working with people with disabilities in Africa. Join ADDISAO to grow your network of local and international disability organizations, advocates, funders, researchers, and educators. As a member of AADISAO you are connected to our International Affiliate members in the United States, Europe and Asia.
ADDISAO membership benefits include but are not limited to:
- Access to over 6000 plus hours of online training courses for disability professionals, self advocates,
parents,family members and others.
- Access to discounted international disability conferences in the United States, Europe, Asia and Africa.
- Invitations to present and share your knowledge, skills, and expertise in the African disability field
with an international audience at conferences in the US, Europe, Asia and Africa.
- Free access to download ADDISAO’s quarterly newsletter that features members agencies and their work in
their respective countries.
- Voting rights – your membership and your voice matters. Members vote in key association elections and have
your say in how this organization is administered.
- International, regional and national networking opportunities – at ADDISAO, we keep an open door policy to our members. We promote partnerships, collaborations, and cooperation between member organizations, agencies, and individuals seeking opportunities to grow their professional networks and individual social capital. We help you connect and stay in touch with distinguished professors, and researchers in the disability filed, industry leaders and educators, including self advocates, parents and their family members and friends.
- Competency based training for you and your staff. Get access to downloadable training materials, including webinars, online seminars, training workshops at our country and regional offices. Also have access to partner trainings and discounts on our international affiliate members books, videos, and other training resources.
- Online access to AADISAO Pan African Research Journal (APARJ).
- Join and participate in AADISAO online Community Forum