AADISAO’s mission is to advance disability advocacy, services, and supports in Africa through a network of engaged and passionate disability organizations, people with physical, intellectual, and developmental disabilities, and mental health needs.
Embracing all abilities as a vital, integrated part of every African country and community.
Values Acceptance, Accountability, Determination, Connection, Commitment, Humility, Integrity, Knowledge, Leadership, Mutual Respect, Optimism, Organization, Transparency, and Trust
- Promote culturally responsive policies and practices;
- Provide training resources and support for member organizations to conduct research on disability issues in their respective communities;
- Promote person first and person-centered practices;
- Mobilize and coordinate local and international resources for member organizations and self-advocacy groups;
- Provide technical assistance and support for workforce development (training the current and next generation of disability professionals in Africa); and
- Become a leading educator convener for disability advocates and leadership in Africa.
We are stronger together.
To learn more about AADISAO or how you can become a member, please send us a message here.